Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Sweating It Out With Your Sweetie"


Photobucket


A few weeks ago, a fellow fitcamper sent me a text and needed a response right away. Well, it was not as urgent as you may think, and even the fitcamper who sent it will tell you that. Our fitcamper just wanted me to reply back right away to see if I did indeed receive the text message.


Well, suffice it to say, I could did not get a chance to read or reply to the text until 30 minutes later. When I replied, I apologized for the delay, and explained I was on a date......however it was not just any date. I was on a "Workout Date!"


Yes, you heard me correctly, a "Workout Date." My girlfriend and I wanted to spend the afternoon together, since we are two very busy entrepreneurs, and most of our days are spent growing our businesses. However, we finally had an afternoon together. Usually, we spend our free days during the week eating sushi for lunch and catching a movie matinée, in order to beat the crowds. But, this time I wanted to do something different.



Now, don't get me wrong. The two of us work out together often, at least a couple of times a week together. However, when I asked her out on a workout date, it brought a new focus to a weekly routine. It seems we were more in tune to our workout, our form, and goals for that day, as well as, really pushing each other as a team. We trained like a "single" well-oiled machine. I guess we were experiencing "Tantric Fitness Training."; - D



I have aways been a believer and proponent of the theory that "A Couple That Gets Fit Together, Stays Together." This theory strongly supports the notion of having a great support system, during your fitness program. There's nothing better than having someone cheering you on as you push through your fitness goals. It's even better, when the cheerleader come down from the stands, and gets on the playing field, in order to help you win. Let's face it, when you win, your supporting cast wins as well.



In regards to our fitcamper who text me, she truly understood, and was quite surprised that your fitcamp "King of Pain" actually had a heart. Shhhhh.....don't you dare tell anyone. I have a reputation to uphold.


However, I will show one more sign of being all warm and fuzzy. As I said, a couple that trains together, stays together. Therefore, I am declaring Thursday, February 14, JoshOne Fitcamp "Sweat With Your Sweetie" Day. On February 14, all fitcampers may bring that special someone in their lives, as our invited guest, to come and sweat it out with us.


Finally, your loved ones can see what the heck you are talking about when you rave about bear crawls, those burp thingees, and "kettle cowbells." Who knows, they just may want to stop eating chips, while you are eating chicken breasts, get off their boo-tocks and become a fitcamper too. That should make them more sympathetic to your pain after a night of jump rope pyramids....lol


Plus, look on the bright side, it's better to "Sweat With Your Sweetie" and feel energized after you're done, than to eat all of that chocolate candy, drink all of that champaign, not remember your wild night afterwards, and feel guilty as crap throughout all of the following day....hehe. After all, no one ever feels guilty for working out, right?


Email me to R.S.V.P. with your sweetheart for February 14. I will see you all in class. Remember, learn, live, laugh, and Love!


The Love Doctor of Fitness,

Sincere~

No comments: